Follow me here

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Jody's Autograph

Courtesy of lucky fan Jody Nichols, who got this at Gaslight Music appearance. 

Myself and a friend were lucky enough to win passes to a closed instore performance and album signing. We were originally at the front of the line to have our stuff signed, but for whatever reason the organizers  had a change of heart, and the front of the line became the back. Jeff saw this all going on and looked equally as confused. It took us about 2 hours to finally get to meet him...I was lucky last 😊. He was very relaxed, friendly and apologized for us ending up at the back of the line. At this point I couldn’t care less, because here I was now chatting to my fave artist!! He asked if I was going to his show to which I of course said a very big yes 😊. He noticed that I had a packet of cigarettes and asked if he could have one. (I'm barely holding it together at this point I might add lol). I slid the packet across, telling him they were menthol, and he coolly said with a grin “that’s ok”, and then proceeded to tell me that they were the biggest packet of cigarettes he’d ever seen πŸ˜‚ (It was a packet of 50 πŸ˜†). He thanked me, signed my cd and added a heart under his name, and handed it back to me. At this point I was being ushered to move on, and as I was leaving he said “you have very pretty eyes. Thank you for the smoke!” For this less than ordinary and awkward girl, it was one of the highlights of my life! What a truly beautiful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment