Follow me here

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Letter to Louie

  "I am moving soon so I was going through old boxes and found a xerox copy of some of Jeff's letters to me.  Somewhere I have the original letters and cards but I wanted to show how funny and adorable he was...always drawing cute stuff on his letters...When Jeff first moved to NYC I would worry about him and send him care packages with books, tapes and stuff. 
  I was in a band back in the late 60's and when living in The Village in NYC we lived at this CRAZY hotel called The Hotel Albert. Tim Buckley also lived there when he came to NYC so I just adored Timmy. He was AMAZING...!!!! In the late 80's Jeff was trying to find Tim's Mom and he contacted Tim's guitarist, Lee Underwood, hoping he might know where she was...Lee didn't but he gave Jeff my address and told him to ask me. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a letter from Jeff...
  So that's how I got to know him.. (and yes, he DID find his Grandmother)...Jeff would call and write me and I wanted him to understand his Dad more so I would give him old articles and tapes about Tim. After Jeff moved to NYC he would tell me about his adventures and I would send him care packages because I knew he didn't really have money to blow on things. (This was BEFORE he got started singing in NYC)...I worried about him but things started happening musically for him so we all know how that ended. Jeff was so charismatic and so very funny...I miss him so much.. 😍"-Louie Dula via FB

May 24, 1990:


"I had sent him a tiny compass on a chain so he wouldn't get lost as he was always wandering around the city and a kaleidoscope so that's why he mentions seeing them in this store he went into."



2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet ❤ its so nice to see this side of him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I adore this letter too, it's become one of my favorites! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

      Delete