Follow me here

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Lex's autograph

"Met Jeff on his Lucky 13 Tour of Australia... he played an In-store in Melbourne (Gaslight). You had to purchase a release to get a ticket, which was a laminate. I bought CD singles...and got 3 laminates. 
    He played about 40 minutes, then signed autographs...the band played acoustically/ stripped back. Its was amazing.
    I asked Jeff for a guitar pick, as I play guitar... he spat this pick out of his mouth into my hand...ummm ewww...but EPIC !! I have a lot of clippings from when he died, and stuff when hed tour, also tour posters and the Lucky 13 Tour shirt."

"The reason he wrote on the CD cover 'Lex I can't really play pool' was because I had asked him, if he could play pool. I had just watched him and I didn't know what else to say....I could say 'OMG you're amazing' hahahaa...he said he couldn't play pool, and that he hung out a lot at a pool halls across the road from a venue he played, and always like it, so they took a photo and used it....I think the club was the Sin-é."-Lex Frumpy on FB (note: in this case, the photo used is by Merri Cyr, taken December 4, 1994 at the Stephen Talkhouse show)

No comments:

Post a Comment