Follow me here

Saturday, March 31, 2018

"Dreams..." Autograph


BGO: One that you mentioned that specifically caught my attention was Jeff Buckley — how did that happen, and what was that was like?


Paul: I met Jeff twice actually, both after shows in Toronto. The first was the Trinity Centre in October on 1994. A friend of mine had his own little fanzine at the time, and managed to snag a photo pass for the show (which I now have, btw). When the show was over, we ended up in the dressing room, and I got a couple of CDs signed. I’ll never part with my copy of “Grace”–on the front, in gold pen, it reads “Dreams live in the throat. All my love, Jeff Buckley” (See photo above). The second time was the Music Hall, May 1995, when he played with Juliana Hatfield. I chatted with him in the lobby after the show. I mentioned that I had seen the Trinity show, which was a very quiet affair, and that this night was a lot more raucous, and he said “Yeah, every nights different”. He was a very nice, down to earth guy, no airs or pretenses at all. I was very saddened when he passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment