Follow me here

Monday, March 25, 2019

Marbletea's Autograph

Courtesy of IG user marbletea

"He was touring Grace and came to the venue I worked at in Atlanta. As they were setting up for soundcheck, I came down to ask if he or the band needed anything. He was very nice and personable, and asked me if there were any record stores in the neighborhood. I told him there were actually two really great ones. He said he was on a PIL kick and asked if anyone could go pick up any and all CDs by them that the stores had. I told him I could do it, and then half-jokingly, staring at the bin of vinyl he had there said '...if you give me one of those records and sign it for me haha!' 'Deal,' he said and reached into his pocket to pull out a wad of cash. I sauntered off and came back a little while later with a few CDs and his change. He was sincerely grateful, and grabbed an album to sign for me. This is what he wrote: 'My sweet Knight, thanks for the PIL run and for not stealing my money. See you again soon. Love, Jeff Buckley.' I never saw him again, but will always remember his generous spirit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment