Follow me here

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Meltdown Festival

Today's gig is Jeff's appearance at the Meltdown Festival on July 1, 1995 in London. Jeff flew in that night specifically for this festival after performing at the first day of the Torhout Festival in Belgium. He then flew back for the next day. According to that year's curator Elvis Costello, Jeff wanted to do one of the Kindertotenlieder by Gustav Mahler (which I wish I could hear) but was able to get him to do "Dido's Lament" instead. In typical Jeff manner, when asked by Elvis if he knew German, his response was: "No, but it'll be fine."😆 "Dido's" is one of my top five songs he did, and I'm very glad we apparently see eye to eye and he performed it back to back with my other "hymn" "Corpus Christi Carol". I know these are on YouTube, but I decided to put them together. Enjoy! ☺



Setlist:
  1. Corpus Christi Carol
  2. Dido's Lament
  3. The Other Woman
  4. The Boy With the Thorn In His Side
  5. Grace
(thanks to Gabby for finding)


No comments:

Post a Comment