Follow me here

Saturday, December 30, 2017

In The Name Of The Father

Musikexpress Magazine, June, 1994.
Contributed by Sai
Translation by me

Blessed With Musical Heritage: Jeff Buckley

Jeff Buckley doesn't just look like father Tim, but the genetics have also gotten its artistic talent into the blood: in New York the 27-year-old, with his wayward folk-excesses, has played himself to the scene-tip within a very short time. The music press jubilant: "The best solo show we've seen in years!" The emotional tour de force that Buckley puts on the stage is for him a pure end in itself: "do you know the feeling of being drunk or taking ecstasy for the first time and then all your secrets come gushing out of you? I feel the same in my shows." The event is documented for the first time by Jeff Buckley on a 4-track CD "Live at Sin-e", an album is soon to follow. The comparison with the father, however, lags for him in every relationship. He had only met him once, had grown up with his mother, and: "I have everything I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment